Specially trained experts at your service
To keep your equipment performing at the required level and to maintain a safe operation, accuracy is vital. Our experts are specially trained to perform calibration on specific equipment. It’s a good way to fulfill legal requirements and optimize performance.
How it works
- Ensure that specific equipment is calibrated
- Provide documentation and certification that fulfill legal requirements
- Perform calibration on site but also at Alfa Laval service centres.
Ten Top Tips to Keep your Plate Heat Exchanger in Tip Top Condition
1. Make sure that the operating conditions (temperatures and flow rates) comply with the design specifications.
2. At start-up, vent the heat exchanger but open and close the valves slowly to avoid pressure surges and water hammer.
3. Use upstream filters and strainers to remove particulate fouling and protect the heat exchanger.
4. On a daily basis check for any changes in temperature or pressure and check for any signs of external leaks.
5. On a regular basis keep the tightening bolts clean and well-lubricated.
6. Use Performance Audit to avoid having to open the plate heat exchanger for inspection.
7. Use Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) to avoid the need to open the heat exchanger for cleaning.
8. Always keep stand-by units clean and dry. If a heat exchanger is taken out of service, flush with fresh water and drain it completely.
9. Protect heat exchangers from water splash and rain. Avoid exposure to ultra violet rays and ozone typically generated from electrical sources.
10. Only use genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain a stock of essential spare parts and follow the storage instructions.
Learn more about keeping your Alfa Laval equipment in top condition.