Secure safety and quality with the right tools
During scheduled maintenance and service of your Alfa Laval equipment, it is important to use the correct tools to ensure safety and quality. Our specialists provide you with all you need for fast removal and handling, to decrease the service time.
Use of the correct tools is especially important for equipment that rotates at high speed and/or is not suitable for manual lifting due to size and/or weight.
Specific tools are available for:
- Lifting the equipment for installation and de-installation
- Conducting maintenance
- Mounting the equipment
- Handling equipment parts
- Tools can be provided when you need them
How it works
Tools can be provided when you need them – contact your Alfa Laval representative.
Ten Top Tips to Keep your Plate Heat Exchanger in Tip Top Condition
1. Make sure that the operating conditions (temperatures and flow rates) comply with the design specifications.
2. At start-up, vent the heat exchanger but open and close the valves slowly to avoid pressure surges and water hammer.
3. Use upstream filters and strainers to remove particulate fouling and protect the heat exchanger.
4. On a daily basis check for any changes in temperature or pressure and check for any signs of external leaks.
5. On a regular basis keep the tightening bolts clean and well-lubricated.
6. Use Performance Audit to avoid having to open the plate heat exchanger for inspection.
7. Use Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) to avoid the need to open the heat exchanger for cleaning.
8. Always keep stand-by units clean and dry. If a heat exchanger is taken out of service, flush with fresh water and drain it completely.
9. Protect heat exchangers from water splash and rain. Avoid exposure to ultra violet rays and ozone typically generated from electrical sources.
10. Only use genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain a stock of essential spare parts and follow the storage instructions.
Learn more about keeping your Alfa Laval equipment in top condition.
Service Tools for: