Extending your heat exchanger's life
Keeping equipment clean can be of vital importance to operational process efficiency. With our plate heat exchanger cleaning services, process surfaces are restored to optimal condition, which lowers the maintenance costs and extends your equipment’s lifetime. And by saving energy, you can lower your operating costs as well.
Cleaning services for every need
Alfa Laval offers a range of Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) systems and cleaning agents, specially designed and formulated to remove deposit build-up effectively from heat exchangers, heat transfer, separation and fresh water generator equipment.
We only use carefully developed and environmentally sound chemicals.
Choose from a broad range of Alfa Laval CIP modules and systems manufactured in stainless steel or polyethylene for the very smallest modules.
Alternatively, we can design CIP systems for your very large heat exchangers or hazardous areas that require explosion-proof equipment.
To ensure the safe removal of unwanted contaminants from the equipment surfaces, Alfa Laval recommends specially developed non-toxic cleaning agents with low environmental impact. These have been thoroughly tested in our own laboratory to safeguard that gasket and heat exchange materials are not affected.
In addition to chemical cleaning agents, Alfa Laval also has a range of other chemicals to enhance separator efficiency and chemicals for potable water handling. These are specifically developed for use with our high-speed separators and water desalination plants.
How heat exchanger cleaning services work
- Recommend cleaning solutions depending on the heat exchanger and the application
- Provide cleaning services for non-Alfa Laval plate heat exchangers
- Conduct heat exchanger cleaning services on board or on site
Ten Top Tips to Keep your Plate Heat Exchanger in Tip Top Condition
1. Make sure that the operating conditions (temperatures and flow rates) comply with the design specifications.
2. At start-up, vent the heat exchanger but open and close the valves slowly to avoid pressure surges and water hammer.
3. Use upstream filters and strainers to remove particulate fouling and protect the heat exchanger.
4. On a daily basis check for any changes in temperature or pressure and check for any signs of external leaks.
5. On a regular basis keep the tightening bolts clean and well-lubricated.
6. Use Performance Audit to avoid having to open the plate heat exchanger for inspection.
7. Use Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) to avoid the need to open the heat exchanger for cleaning.
8. Always keep stand-by units clean and dry. If a heat exchanger is taken out of service, flush with fresh water and drain it completely.
9. Protect heat exchangers from water splash and rain. Avoid exposure to ultra violet rays and ozone typically generated from electrical sources.
10. Only use genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain a stock of essential spare parts and follow the storage instructions.
Learn more about keeping your Alfa Laval equipment in top condition.