Prevent problems before they occur
By servicing your equipment only when necessary, you can ensure operational reliability and maintain performance. Preventive Maintenance reduces unplanned stops, increases equipment lifetime and reduces workplace accidents. It also enables you to make the best use of resources and reduce spare parts stock.
Preventive maintenance is performed as a stand-alone service when your equipment has been in operation for a certain number of hours, and at a fixed interval to avoid unplanned stops. The service can also be part of a Performance Agreement.
How it works
- Analyze operating conditions
- Determine accurate maintenance interval based on various factors, including type of application as well as the usage and condition of the equipment
- Supply genuine spare parts
- Perform maintenance on board, on site or in one of the Alfa Laval Service Centres located close to you.
Ten Top Tips to Keep your Plate Heat Exchanger in Tip Top Condition
1. Make sure that the operating conditions (temperatures and flow rates) comply with the design specifications.
2. At start-up, vent the heat exchanger but open and close the valves slowly to avoid pressure surges and water hammer.
3. Use upstream filters and strainers to remove particulate fouling and protect the heat exchanger.
4. On a daily basis check for any changes in temperature or pressure and check for any signs of external leaks.
5. On a regular basis keep the tightening bolts clean and well-lubricated.
6. Use Performance Audit to avoid having to open the plate heat exchanger for inspection.
7. Use Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) to avoid the need to open the heat exchanger for cleaning.
8. Always keep stand-by units clean and dry. If a heat exchanger is taken out of service, flush with fresh water and drain it completely.
9. Protect heat exchangers from water splash and rain. Avoid exposure to ultra violet rays and ozone typically generated from electrical sources.
10. Only use genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain a stock of essential spare parts and follow the storage instructions.
Learn more about keeping your Alfa Laval equipment in top condition.
Preventive Maintenance for: