A cost-efficient alternative that secures availability with speed
Exchanging your parts cuts the delivery time and costs for many components, which makes it more cost-efficient than buying new ones. For selected equipment, we offer an exchange program for critical components and genuine spare parts, all refurbished according to Alfa Laval standards, to guarantee the high quality you expect. It is a cost-efficient alternative to traditional repair, and helps you increase speed turnaround.
Available exchange parts upon request:
- Rotating assemblies
- Separator bowls
- Spindle cartridges
- Gear boxes
- Decanter conveyors
- ECB brakes
- DSC controllers
- Sliding bowl bottoms
- Compression tools
- PHE plate packs
How it works
- Retrieve your component and refurbishes to Alfa Laval standard
- Provide you with a replacement part during the refurbishment
- Keep a stock of selected refurbished parts in certain countries
How can we help you?
Please contact us with any queries or questions:
Call 24/7 Service +1 888 253 2226
Ten Top Tips to Keep your Plate Heat Exchanger in Tip Top Condition
1. Make sure that the operating conditions (temperatures and flow rates) comply with the design specifications.
2. At start-up, vent the heat exchanger but open and close the valves slowly to avoid pressure surges and water hammer.
3. Use upstream filters and strainers to remove particulate fouling and protect the heat exchanger.
4. On a daily basis check for any changes in temperature or pressure and check for any signs of external leaks.
5. On a regular basis keep the tightening bolts clean and well-lubricated.
6. Use Performance Audit to avoid having to open the plate heat exchanger for inspection.
7. Use Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) to avoid the need to open the heat exchanger for cleaning.
8. Always keep stand-by units clean and dry. If a heat exchanger is taken out of service, flush with fresh water and drain it completely.
9. Protect heat exchangers from water splash and rain. Avoid exposure to ultra violet rays and ozone typically generated from electrical sources.
10. Only use genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain a stock of essential spare parts and follow the storage instructions.
Learn more about keeping your Alfa Laval equipment in top condition.