Prolong equipment lifetime
In more than 100 Alfa Laval service centres around the world, a range of reconditioning services are offered to enhance the performance of your equipment, extend its lifetime and ensure a safe and efficient operation.
Cleaning, crack detection, reassembling with new gaskets, pressure testing and replacement of defective plates are just some of the things we help you with, as well as making recommendations for other service measures. You can tailor your own package of services or choose a pre-defined one.
How it works
- Propose reconditioning solutions that match your requirements for turnaround time, budget and application
- Follow proven procedures that observe the highest quality and health regulations
- Use original spare parts
How can we help you?
Please contact us with any queries or questions:
Call 24/7 Service +1 888 253 2226
Reconditioning for gasketed plate heat exchangers
Ten Top Tips to Keep your Plate Heat Exchanger in Tip Top Condition
1. Make sure that the operating conditions (temperatures and flow rates) comply with the design specifications.
2. At start-up, vent the heat exchanger but open and close the valves slowly to avoid pressure surges and water hammer.
3. Use upstream filters and strainers to remove particulate fouling and protect the heat exchanger.
4. On a daily basis check for any changes in temperature or pressure and check for any signs of external leaks.
5. On a regular basis keep the tightening bolts clean and well-lubricated.
6. Use Performance Audit to avoid having to open the plate heat exchanger for inspection.
7. Use Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) to avoid the need to open the heat exchanger for cleaning.
8. Always keep stand-by units clean and dry. If a heat exchanger is taken out of service, flush with fresh water and drain it completely.
9. Protect heat exchangers from water splash and rain. Avoid exposure to ultra violet rays and ozone typically generated from electrical sources.
10. Only use genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain a stock of essential spare parts and follow the storage instructions.
Learn more about keeping your Alfa Laval equipment in top condition.