Find Heat Exchanger maintenance videos & manuals
Find the right manuals and service bulletins for your Alfa Laval heat exchangers in Canada. Send us your serial number and documentation or training video requests.
Heat Exchanger Maintenance videos in a playlist:
Heat Exchanger Maintenance tips
Ten Top Tips to Keep your Plate Heat Exchanger in Tip Top Condition
- Make sure that the operating conditions (temperatures and flow rates) comply with the design specifications.
- At start-up, vent the heat exchanger but open and close the valves slowly to avoid pressure surges and water hammer.
- Use upstream filters and strainers to remove particulate fouling and protect the heat exchanger.
- On a daily basis check for any changes in temperature or pressure and check for any signs of external leaks.
- On a regular basis keep the tightening bolts clean and well-lubricated.
- Use Performance Audit to avoid having to open the plate heat exchanger for inspection.
- Use Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) to avoid the need to open the heat exchanger for cleaning.
- Always keep stand-by units clean and dry. If a heat exchanger is taken out of service, flush with fresh water and drain it completely.
- Protect heat exchangers from water splash and rain. Avoid exposure to ultraviolet rays and ozone typically generated from electrical sources.
- Only use genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain a stock of essential spare parts and follow the storage instructions.
Contact Service and Parts
24/7 and Field Service
+1 888 253 2226
Alfa Laval Subject Expert: Gina Smith
Field Services Coordinator Ext. 343
Service Centre (Eastern Canada)
Phone: +1 416 299-6101
Fax: +1 416 297-8690
101 Milner Avenue
M1S 4S6, Canada
Service Centre (Western Canada)
Phone: +1 780 413-6349
Fax: +1 780 450-6747
6344 Roper Road
Edmonton, AlbertaT6B 3P9, Canada