Risks of using Non-OEM Parts
Alfa Laval has a large inventory of heat exchanger gaskets and plates. Alfa Laval manufactures heat exchanger gaskets in custom gasket materials, FDA-approved, NBR and EPDM, as well as other materials. Using non-OEM parts introduces risks into your business that can be costly over time. Send us your serial number for parts information and questions.
After extensive testing of genuine Alfa Laval parts vs. non-OEM parts, consider these flaws we documented in non-OEM pump seals:
- Low steel grade - lower steel grade found in static face holder
- RISK: High potential for seizure when seal is being fitted into the pump
- Wrong silicon carbide - an inferior silicon carbide found in static face inserts
- RISK: Unwanted chemical reactions and part corrosion can occur
- Using gasket material for an O-ring - a non-OEM O-ring "re-design" uses PTFE gasket material instead of standard O-ring material
- RISK: The PTFE gasket material in an O-ring will result in O-ring compression, and eventually cause a leak
- Incorrectly sized O-ring - a non-OEM manufacturer's O-ring cross-section measured 3.41-3.46 mm below tolerance
- RISK: The poor O-ring seal can cause excessive leakage
- Inconsistent coil spring diameter - the coil spring inner diameter was too tight in one or more areas
- RISK: Excessive spring stress, resulting in leakage
Want the details?
Read the "Sealing the deal" case story listed below.
Contact Service and Parts
24/7 Field Service and Repair
+1 888 253 2226
Alfa Laval Subject Expert:
Field Services Coordinator Ext. 343
Repair Centres (Eastern Canada)
Repair Centres (Western Canada)