Replace my heat exchanger
Order a replacement heat exchanger based on the existing duty (your flow rates, media and temperatures). Contact us with your existing unit's information to get a replacement plate heat exchanger as well as options for your existing heat exchanger.
Alternatives to replacement
Before deciding to replace your Plate Heat Exchanger, find out if you have other options available. Plate Heat Exchangers are so versatile and durable you can often modify one for changes in duty. Ask a Canadian Alfa Laval service expert about this via live-chat, email, or phone right now. They can advise you about “Any Make or Model” of plate heat exchangers. For most models we also will have replacement plates and gaskets in stock - we call this our AllBrands Service.
When to re-use a Plate Heat Exchanger:
- If a slight change in performance is needed for a new duty. It can be achieved by adding or removing a number of plates from the unit. Request form for documentation for Alfa Laval Plate Heat Exchangers by serial number.
- If you need the same performance but the old plate heat exchanger needs replacing, you can order a complete set of plates (packs) to make a new heat exchanger out of a an old frame that is in fair condition.
- If the plates are not damaged physically, but not performing like new, they can be reconditioned and re-employed. This is an Alfa Laval service that includes a “As Good As New” warranty of a year when the whole unit is refurbished and pressure tested in our facilities.
When to replace a Plate Heat Exchanger:
- If the plates and gaskets are no longer manufactured, or available in the market place.
- If the reliability of the exchanger decreases, or becomes more critical to your process.
- If AHRI certification is needed in the application (usually applies to the HVAC Markets).
- If the Plate Heat Exchanger ports and frames are damaged beyond repair by, contact, corrosion, erosion etc. (as in the picture).
- If the old Plate Heat Exchanger no longer meets the ASME / CRN codes.
- If the old exchanger does not meet the requirements under recently optimized process design conditions.
- If a more efficient heat exchanger will take less space, or meet the same duty with lesser number of plates.
Alfa Laval services “Any Make or Model” of plate heat exchangers and in most cases have plates and gaskets available and we call it AllBrands Service.
Select your own heat exchanger:
The Alfa Laval Online Product Guide includes products for: comfort heating, commercial refrigeration and oil cooling.
Try the tool now:
- Heat exchanger selection - fast and easy 24/7
- Find a replacement for a unit in your process already
- Requests for quotation made easy
Contact Service and Parts
24/7 and Field Service
+1 888 253 2226
Alfa Laval Subject Expert: Gina Smith
Field Services Coordinator Ext. 343
Service Centre (Eastern Canada)
Phone: +1 416 299-6101
Fax: +1 416 297-8690
101 Milner Avenue
M1S 4S6, Canada
Service Centre (Western Canada)
Phone: +1 780 413-6349
Fax: +1 780 450-6747
6344 Roper Road
Edmonton, AlbertaT6B 3P9, Canada