2020-07-16 Product news
Hiring: Thermal Shop Technician, Scarborough
We create better everyday conditions for people. We do this by contributing to a more sustainable future through engineering innovation. We love what we do and we’re good at it. We're now looking for passionate people to become even better!
Your duties include
In this challenging hands-on role, you will be part of a team in the maintenance, repair and reconditioning of Alfa Laval & non Alfa Laval (ALLBrands) heat exchangers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with a team of service technicians in their daily activities. this will include the disassembly, cleaning, high pressure washing,inspection (using Alfa tool), dye checking, gasketing, assembly and hydrotesting of plate heat exchangers.
- You will work with the Thermal Lead Hand to ensure daily work targets and customer deliveries are met.
- You will ensure activities within the service center follow our QBS, ISO and Safety systems.
- You are organized and work well in a team environment, participating in daily toolbox meetings. You may also assist with field service or other tasks as assigned by your manager as required.
- Continuous improvement of processes and the service center operation, the principles of 5S methodology will be a priority for you.
You will have strong work ethic and a mechanical aptitude that may include previous experience servicing plate heat exchangers or other process related industrial equipment.
Overhead crane and forklift experience is required.
As a key member of our service team, flexibility and reliability are a must. You are an adaptable team player who enjoys a challenging position with the ability to work overtime as required.
You have excellent written and verbal communication abilities, experience with Microsoft Office and able to use various computer software applications.
Apply with LinkedIn, or via email.