2019-02-06 Product news
City of Markham Waterworks and Smart City initiatives
The City of Markham announced the launch of a research program to improve the efficiency of municipal operations.
This article is related to Alfa Laval wastewater equipment. Alfa Laval's Separation and Heat Transfer products, are used by municipalities and cities across Canada.
Read the full article on watercanada.net
"...City of Markham - February 6, 2019. The City of Markham today announced the launch of the Smart City Accelerator Research Program.. an advanced solution of interconnected Internet of Things (IoT) applications, to improve the efficiency of municipal operations and enhance City services for residents…
Planned initiatives for the Markham Smart City program include:
- Water leak detection: Sensors on water mains and hydrants to provide real-time status of water system conditions.
- Storm/flood water monitoring: Manhole and river sensors measure water levels to help manage flood risk and mitigate damage.
- Asset management: Remote tracking of usage and location of municipal equipment.
- Environmental monitoring: Temperature and humidity sensors from fixed locations across the city will provide weather data to guide decisions on management of city operations.
- Energy management: Sensors will monitor and support analysis of energy usage in municipal buildings to optimize energy management…”
Read the rest of the article on watercanada.net
Contact Marc Hammond for information about municipal wastewater treatment systems and connectivity for industrial centrifuges
Talk to an expert
Alfa Laval PureBallast 3 is now type approved by the U.S. Coast Guard with minimized holding time