2016-06-05 Product news
Hygienic heat exchangers; versatile and efficient
The Alfa Laval FrontLine and Alfa Laval BaseLine gasketed plate heat exchangers minimize total cost of ownership and maximize profitability. These hygienic heat exchangers feature versatile design while offering high heat transfer efficiency, delivering superior value to owners and operators across a broad range of hygienic industries from food to personal care.
High efficiency and versatile design make the Alfa Laval FrontLine and BaseLine gasketed plate heat exchangers (GPHEs) solid choices for a wide range of hygienic heat transfer applications. The premium Alfa Laval FrontLine range is the clear choice for demanding hygienic applications, for applications that require gentle product handling, and for heat-sensitive media or media containing particles and fibres. The Alfa Laval BaseLine range is a competitive heat exchanger for less demanding hygienic processes and utility applications.
Engineered for hygiene, versatility and efficiency
The plate-and-frame construction of the Alfa Laval FrontLine and BaseLine hygienic heat exchangers makes design and configuration of the units for various applications both easy and flexible. Both heat exchangers are available with two different plate types:
- The standard Chevron-type plate, which is used in a wide range of applications, provides good product distribution as well as high thermal efficiency making it ideal for pasteurization of milk and cheese milk.
- The Gemini double wall plate consists of two plates pressed together, which prevents the cross contamination of fluids in the event of leakage through the plates. Gemini plates are not welded, making it easy to open and inspect them during service.
In addition to these two plate types, the Alfa Laval FrontLine range also offers the Alfa Laval Wide Stream Plate for products that contain particles and/or fibers, making it ideal for processing juices.
Easy to maintain, long service life
The plates of Alfa Laval FrontLine and BaseLine heat exchangers are easy to clean, thereby increasing production output. Both heat exchangers feature FDA-compliantglue-free gaskets, which prolong plate service life and boost uptime.
High heat transfer efficiency and flexible design are what customers can expect from the Alfa Laval FrontLine and BaseLine gasketed plate heat exchangers. These two hygienic heat exchangers optimize process performance thereby providing sound, climate-smart and sustainable operating economy.
Jakob Worsøe, Global Portfolio Manager, Heat Exchangers at Alfa Laval
Broad range of hygienic gasketed heat exchangers
Part of a broad range of Alfa Laval gasketed plate heat exchangers, the Alfa Laval FrontLine and BaseLine ranges are suitable for use wherever hygienic applications are critical to efficient, energy-saving processes. This includes the food, dairy, beverage, home and personal care, biotech and pharmaceutical industries, providing owners and operators with peace of mind.
To learn more about Alfa Laval’s hygienic heat exchangers, visit: www.alfalaval.com/insights
About Alfa Laval
Alfa Laval is a leading global provider of specialized products and engineering solutions based on its key technologies of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling.
The company’s equipment, systems and services are dedicated to assisting customers in optimizing the performance of their processes. The solutions help them to heat, cool, separate and transport products in industries that produce food and beverages, chemicals and petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, starch, sugar and ethanol.
Alfa Laval’s products are also used in power plants, aboard ships, in oil and gas exploration, in the mechanical engineering industry, in the mining industry and for wastewater treatment, as well as for comfort climate and refrigeration applications. Alfa Laval’s worldwide organization works closely with customers in nearly 100 countries to help them stay ahead in the global arena.
Alfa Laval’s worldwide organization works closely with customers in nearly 100 countries to help them stay ahead in the global arena. Alfa Laval is listed on Nasdaq OMX, and, in 2015, posted annual sales of about SEK 39.7 billion (approx. 4.25 billion Euros). The company has about 17 500 employees.
Meet our Experts
+1 888 253 2226
Federico Lucena, Ext. 412
+1 888 253 2226
Evan Knight, B.A.Sc., P.Eng., Ext. 321
- Unique plate pattern provides even and gentle heating of sensitive food products
- Small port holes and long, narrow plates facilitate quick and easy cleaning
- Integral glue-less gasket system provides for long gasket life, made with FDA compliant materials
- Frames provide for up to 290 psi operation, easy disassembly and modifications, and meet all 3A sanitary requirements
- Four sizes: Front6, Front8, Front10 and Front15 with plate ports and connections from 2" to 6" diameter
- With almost 10 sq. ft. surface area per plate the Front15 is the largest sanitary plate heat exchanger available
- Herringbone plate design provides initial sizing and future re-streaming flexibility
- Connection plates with removable double-corner options for maximum process flexibility
- Milk and cheese milk pasteurization
- Ultra-high temperature sterilization
- Beverage and energy drink pasteurization
- Standard and pulpy juice pasteurization
- Beer wort heating and beer cooling
- Liquid egg processing
- Bottled water treatment
- Soups, sauces and starch heating
- Catsup and mustard heating and cooling
- Superior hygienic safety - plates designed for food applications
- Gentle treatment of sensitive products
- Uncompromising cleanliness
- Flexible configuration - possible to rebuild the heat exchanger
- Access to Alfa Laval's global service network