We're Hiring - Toronto Field Service
Industrial Centrifuge commissioning and repairs
Alfa Laval Inc., Canada has an opening in our Service Division to work as an Field Service Representative as part of our Canadian Industrial Centrifude Service team based in Scarborough, Ontario.
- Technical diploma with mechanical or electrical focus or technical / vocational training, Journeyman status in mechanical or electrical with mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Experience in lieu of education: Minimum of five to ten years industrial experience with mechanical or electrical focus or demonstrated work related mechanical and or electrical proficiency.
- Customer service and sales orientation.
- A self-starter who is hardworking, enthusiastic and has an aptitude to learn.
- Ability to trouble shoot & solve technical problems and work independently or with a team
- Efficient in timely completion of service reports, expenses and require documentation.
- MS Office applications experience and proficient with computer use.
- Ability to lift heavy items and perform tasks requiring physical strength (climbing, standing, equipment use).
The Field Service Technician provides 24/7 on call field service support, trouble shooting and maintenance at customer locations on the mechanical, and electrical components of Decanters, High Speed Separators and Plate Heat Exchangers to ensure reliable operation, optimum performance and efficiency.
- performing preventive maintenance, emergency and warranty repairs,
- commissioning of new equipment,
- system audits and process troubleshooting.
- Also includes managing travel costs and operating expenses associated with field service visits to ensure Alfa Laval is an efficient field service provider.
Expectations and Your Responsibilities:
1) Trouble shoots and repairs mechanical and electrical equipment on Separators, Decanters, Plate Heat exchangers, Contherms, Pumps and Valves supplied by Alfa Laval.
2) Installs, start-up and shut down equipment in accordance to company and customer safety procedure requirements.
3) Documents equipment serviced and parts used which supports the invoicing process to our customers.
4) Promotes and provides services for Performance Agreements.
5) Assists customer maintenance personnel with technical and procedural troubleshooting techniques.
6) Assists and trains customer maintenance and supervisory personnel on how to operate our equipment and perform maintenance tasks.
7) This is an on call position, and extensive travel and overtime will be necessary.
8) You will work to our ISO9001, QHSE requirements are part of your of your daily workday.
About Alfa Laval
Alfa Laval is leading global provider of specialized products and engineering solutions. Our equipment, systems and services help Canadian industrial and municipal operations to heat, cool, separate and transport products such as oil, water, chemicals, beverages, foodstuff, starch and pharmaceuticals.
Alfa Laval has been operating in Canada for OVER 100 years. Our worldwide organization works closely with customers in almost 100 countries to help them stay ahead.